Thursday, August 13, 2009

How about: Mother's Quote of the Day

My mom, the sweetheart she is, is a very excited Nana-to-be. She's awfully energetic as far as planning for her first grandchild is concerned. However, she's quite the worry-wart as well. I'd like to share her "wisdom" each day. Each day, you say? Yes, my mother provides classic lines everyday via 10 billion phone calls, e-mails and her newest, texts that I think are simply too much! I'm being quite presumptuous thinking I may provide liners from her each day. I'm sure if won't be hard. If I miss a day or 2, it's probably not from the lack of rollers, it's because I'm lazy. To kick off this giggle of a good time, I give you 2, TWO!

Mom: "I saw at walmart a thing in the baby section something that you put on your belly and you can email the sounds of the beating, etc. Not sure how it works but I may get it in a couple of weeks for you. That would be neat if it worked."

Loving daughter: "I can record gas too? That'd be neat. I'll be sure to send that to you!"

and

Mom: "You need to be careful with flu season coming up."

My response: "I have my mask already on. Or I can stay home this whole pregnancy and you can supplement our income..."

Maybe it's just me, but I find her absolutely hysterical. Seriously, I'm not even 6 weeks yet. Love her though. Doesn't mean I can't joke about the brilliance.

No comments: