Monday, January 26, 2009

My mom, our sitter apparentally

So my mom called me last Wednesday to tell me she's quitting her job on Thursday. She took off Friday anyway to help with the garage sale (see previous post). She said she was tired of the constant mental harassment from her boss and yada yada yada. She's been working there for 17 years, ever since my parents got divorced.

She ends the conversation with "So I'm taking a while off, if I go back to working at all. I'm not sure if I want to work, part-time or full-time. And now would be a great time to have a baby."

While I don't totally disagree with her point on her being out of work means she could watch the future spawn, but she's out of work NOW. Even if we were to get PG like yesterday it'd still be 9 months from now. Ah, silly moms. I'll be sure to tell the ute to speed up the process because future spawn's grandmother is out of work to watch le bebe.

Logic at its finest.

No comments: